Then one day as I was headed home from work it got really loud. I made it home with no problems. After everything had cooled off I started taking it apart for a closer look. It didn't take long to find the exhaust pipe had broken underneath the heat shield where I could not see it.
It cost a little over $200 for all the replacement parts. Yet another reason I should buy some welding equipment.
It was very easy to replace the exhaust. A few bolts and some careful use of a torque wrench and it was done.
I have found a few others that had the same problem but fortunately for them it happened under warranty.